Saturday, October 16, 2010

Evening Loneliness

For some reason, lately in the evenings after I put my son to bed, I've been hit with a pretty substantial bout of loneliness. Sometimes I'll cuddle with my husband, but I still feel lonely. Intimacy doesn't quite seem as intimate as I would like, these days. I'm not sure what to do about it, because we have a great relationship with a good deal of cuddling, sex, and just playing around. He definitely does need his alone time, and with a demanding toddler, husband, and animals I should really be relishing my alone time as well. I just seem to crave something else.
Perhaps female companionship. I haven't really been tight with my friends lately. I can't ever find someone who I really connect with. But I lack the energy to drive somewhere and go "out" although it's probably what I need.
Hmmm.

2 comments:

  1. Hi there-

    oh my, what to do. You are SO in tune with your needs that I believe you will find a way to fill this space. It is kind of exciting. :-)
    Love you
    Gail
    peace.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wrote about a similar thing tonight. I wonder if it's the season.

    ReplyDelete